Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

Two new beer reviews!


Yes! as requested a new feature! Beer reviews. Yep another hobby gone wrong. I will try to sample beer new and old and post my reviews, because the world needs to know what I think. Damnit!

Ok as previously mentioned, the two beers sampled here are Land Shark Lager and Point Pale ale.LandShark. Pure and simple, Corona rip-o, er clone. Jimmy B. and the marketing masterminds behind the Margaritaville brand strike again.

Listen, If I want Corona, I will buy a Corona. Because Jimmy Buffet makes it it has to be better right? Wrong. Pure and simple an mediocre island style (read American) lager at a champagne price. Good with pizza, but not for $7.50 a six-pack. Many more choices out there for this quality. Where is the High-Life Guy when you need him?


FWIW have not had Margarita brand Tequila, but I have had the mixes and they are also pretty bleh, too sweet. Come to think of it Cheeseburgers in Paradise are not that good either. Jimmy Buffet, stick to singing, although the checks that you get for endorsing this crap probably are not to bad. I just wonder if he ever drinks his own. Kinda like Sammy Hagar and his CaboWabo stuff, at least that is not too bad and I know he consumes it.

Enough about that. The next beer up is Point Cascade Pale Ale. Going out on a limb here to say that Cascade hops were used when making this ale. Just a hunch. Now lets set the table: I like pale ales but I am no hop head by any means. Big Sky I.P.A. (BigSky) or Bitter Woman (Tyranena). Anymore bitter than that than that and I no longer enjoy it. PCPA has a good darkish-amber (Crayola can have that one gratis). Decent hop nose, not huge, but there. Good carbonation. Not overly complex, and a pretty good flavor. I call it and adolescent IPA. (another marketing nugget!)

I would buy again and would introduce some people that I know don't like IPA's as a stepping stone. As I write this I realize I should probably have one so I can relate fresh tasting notes. Not that my notes taste fresh, but that I have more to wax on about as I experience the beverage. My memory is not aways the best after a few beers and few days have gone by. Call this a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment